So I did it, I went away for two whole nights with the gals! Gals weekend!!! Anxiety and stress got pushed aside by the need to have some grown up time without kiddies and with the car stuffed to the absolute brim, we took off to Daylesford for a mini getaway. You may have seen some pics on instagram and facebook of the fun we had on our winery tour 😉 Did discover some absolute essentials though for a weekend away to a chilly climate…
I actually managed to pack quite efficiently for once, pre-planning outfits really does work…who’d have thought?! I only didn’t wear one jacket as we left a bit earlier than planned and it wasn’t necessary in the car.
- tuuli cosmetics concealer $33…if you have a makeup artist friend, make sure you take her on gals weekend, so handy!! But in all seriousness, if you didn’t dark circles before going away, you will gain them there from late nights & drinks 😉
- Vinomofo mixed case $139 (12 bottles), a mixed case is fab-everyone has different tastes and a mixed case will have something for everyone, plus it’s a chance to try something different instead of the usual suspects you reach for at the bottleshop!
- Birdy Hat by Rusty $39.99, disguises any bad hair issues but more importantly, keeps you warm & toasty when out and about, yay
- Wotnot Facial Wipes $8.40…when face washers aren’t supplied (grrrrr!) and late night cleansing is all too hard, it’s wipes to the rescue! Take that face off before a rich moisturiser and bed 🙂
- Sophia Velvet Bomber Jacket $69.95…a jacket that does double duty (less luggage), providing a cool statement to basics during the day and dressy enough to go out at night for dinner and dranks
- ground coffee $9.99…although many places supply a coffee machine these days, whether pod or espresso, at the very least a plunger is generally available and coffee is ALWAYS an essential in the morning!
- Angelo by AM Eyewear $310…biiiiiiig sunglasses are a…biiiiiig necessity 😉
What are your essentials? Did I miss something that would have revolutionised our weekend? Any tips where to head next time? xx
And if you’re the super organised type (I’m not), why not place an online order ahead of time to be delivered to your accomodation so you can skip the whole trip to the supermarket?!